When we pull all our photos together from the three Canons going at all times, what an album it will be! Our hosts could not have prepared us for such a beautiful mountain cabin with all the comforts of home--and then some. And then there was the lake, pristine and like glass in the evenings, full of canoes, kayaks, boats, ducks, and kids having a blast in the afternoon. Surrounded by beauty, God's very creation, all in the midst of a mission to bring kids to Christ, the tradition continuing with even more fervor today than when it all began so many years ago. I re-dedicated my heart to Christ at that very camp several times as a young person growing up. To my great delight I got to speak to Ken Poure on Sunday morning who had prayed with me when I was moved to tears over my friends who didn't know the Lord after his talk one night at camp when I was only 13.
Our family times were sometimes chaotic, sometimes deep and inspirational, sometimes with a flu bug, yummy food, sometimes forgiveness was needed, but always love for one another was ever present. I pray and believe we all came away from the experience better for having been together. There are many families who never have such opportunities, nor is there a desire to even go to the effort, and so I feel so blessed that my kids love each other and you are building memories and relationships among your own children and their cousins. And to my son-in-law and daughters in law, how could I be more thankful that you are willing to spend time with your spouse's family and be so accepting of this big clan!
My heartfelt thanks to Fred and Charif who really hosted us all, as it was through Fred's colleagues at CHF that made this all happen. And to the Parkinsons who so generously shared their home with us. And to Isaac and Katie who went to the (great) expense to get here from Alaska, and to Annie and Dave who drove so far with little ones and Dave's hurt shoulder to be with the family. God is so good. Let's continue to pray for each other--Dave's surgery is Tuesday and they are apart from Emily and Jonathan for the next 10 days. Isaac and Katie are still very far from home and will need journey mercies. Fred and Charif will be going to family camp together in a week or so at Forest Home and I know it will provide a needed rest and intimate family time together. Pray for Dad and his health and work that is so draining. And pray for me to be a testimony of God's grace to those I work with and especially to you, my family.
2 comments:
Wasn't it amazing? Thank you Mom for making it such a special week. I can't wait to do it again.
it was an awesome time and I can't wait to do it again.
Post a Comment